Here We Go

Well here we are. I am officially a blogger now. This is so weird and new to me. First off, I am TERRIBLE with technology, so getting this going was testing my patience to the max. I decided a few months back that I wanted to get into blogging. It has never peaked my interest in the past, but recently has since I had my daughter and made a wonderful adoption plan for her. I also have celebrated a year of sobriety on June 4th, 2018, so my life has changed quite a bit in the last year or so, to say the least. What I have discovered is that people are incredibly misinformed about adoption and addiction and there are HUGE stigmas that are attached to the two. Which is where myself and this blog come into play.
I love to talk about adoption, being a birth mom, and my sobriety. Absolutely love it. I love to inform people, educate, and to just tell my story, because man! there are some ignorant people out there. But also people who genuinely have no idea what it is like and maybe want to know more. I have lived through the initial shock of an unplanned pregnancy, carried my child to birth, picked out a family for her (whom I completely love and adore), gave her life and a new family to love up on her. I have survived leaving my child at the hospital, with essentially strangers, and the first few weeks after having a baby...baby-less. I hardly lived through signing away my parental rights on April 6th, 2018, with a room full of "witnesses" (formal adoption agency sort of stuff), and continue to do all of this as a recovering alcoholic.
Yes. My name is Cassidy, and I'm an alcoholic. yada yada yada. Right? I still love the initial shock I receive from some people when I tell them that I don't drink alcohol anymore and that I abused alcohol. "You're like...an alcoholic?" "You!? You don't LOOK like an alcoholic!!" "But how...you're so...normal." "I had NO idea!!!" And so forth. I'm surprised I haven't smacked some people throughout the last year (LOL).
Sobriety is a one day at a time journey, but man is life so much better being coherent for it and actually present. I love my life now. Is it the greatest life and completely perfect? Absolutely not! I have such a long ways to go still. But the changes I've had in my life in just the past year have been rewarding enough and makes me want to continue on this sobriety journey. I can write a list of things that sobriety has given me so far, and I can write a hell of a list that alcohol has given me...all negative.
I will use this blog to write about my journey and hopefully can inspire others out there. The amount of support I have received since coming out about my adoption plan and sobriety has been amazing and almost overwhelming. I want to help others. We are all so worth a fulfilled and beautiful life. Every single one of us. Yes we can!



Comments

  1. You are such an inspiration, Cassidy! I love that you have the courage to share with all of us. I have a good friend who is currently on a similar journey and I am so grateful for you sharing your experiences. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts